Wednesday 14 March 2012

Thunderbirds are go!

Today was my first time featuring on the Midweek Drive show on Siren FM, and already I know I'm going to love it. 

Being on the radio for the first time is a bit nerve-racking, but I got a brilliant surprise!

I got the opportunity to help interview Shane Rimmer, who voices the character of Scott Tracy in the well-known 1960s TV series, Thunderbirds. This may sound like a small thing to anyone who has not heard of the Thunderbirds (although, really, who hasn't?), but the Tracy family were iconic characters in my childhood. I still remember watching the TV show with my family.

I was just a little bit starstruck - thanks to having younger brothers, I spent a lot of my childhood surrounded by various starships and rockets, but the Thunderbirds are certainly the ones I remember the most (other than Star Wars Lego...). 

So as you can probably understand, talking to Shane Rimmer was a big moment for me.


In fact, that was the only time once we'd started the show that I actually felt nervous - not a great feeling when you're live on air, but adrenaline got me through!


All that remains now is to see who is on the show next week... I honestly can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment